Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Southern Lights: Whitehaven, Hill Inlet & 1 snorkel site
Ride Guide: 0-10 knots: Fun, fast ride, 15 knots: Fun, surfing ride, 20 knots: Wild surfing ride, 25+ knots: Exhilarating wild ride. In the case of rough weather, we must be told of any pre existing medical conditions. A signed release will be required from all participants on departure. Although good health and a positive attitude are essential, you do not need any prior experience to partake in any of the activities. All fares are inclusive of Marine Park fees, National Park fees and GST. Sites are weather and tide permitting and Ocean Rafting reserves the right to arrange alternative itinerary when necessary.
- Included in price:
- Visit to Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet, personalised snorkel instruction, reef and island naturalist talks, guided national park walks, use of snorkel equipment and cake for afternoon tea.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Optional buffet style lunch $15, Sunsuit/Wetsuit hire $7, Prescription Masks $7, water, softdrinks, chocolates and underwater cameras also available for sale on board vessel.
- What to bring:
- Hat, sunscreen, swimmers, towel, camera, money for optional extras, light jacket in cooler months.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child age 2 - 14 years.
- Departure points:
- Airlie Beach, Queensland
- Departure time:
10:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Tours depart at 10.00am from Abell Point Marina North (next to Sorrento Restaurant & Bar), Airlie Beach. Courtesy coach pick ups are available from local accommodation houses between 08:45-9:30am.
- 6.5 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
- Returns to Coral Sea Resort Jetty at 4.30pm
- Ocean Rafting
- Whitehaven Beach and Whitsundays
- Departs From
- Airlie Beach and Whitsundays
Visit beautiful Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet for a blissful day of snorkelling and fun on the beach. Youâ€™ll receive personalised snorkel instruction, a reef and island naturalist talk, plus guided national park walks. Spend a day in paradise on the most beautiful beach and inlet in the world!
Â¥ Visit the gorgeous Whitehaven Beach & Hill Inlet
Â¥ Personalised snorkel instruction with equipment
Â¥ Guided National Park walks
Â¥ Learn about the reef & islands from a naturalist
With optional courtesy coach pickups available from your local accommodation (between 08:45 and 9:30 am), youâ€™ll depart from the Abell Point Marina North, Airlie Beach, at 10:00 am and set off on a delightful cruise towards the famous Whitsunday Island. During your six and a half hour adventure, youâ€™ll visit both the northern and southern ends of Whitehaven Beach â€“ considered one of the most wonderful beaches in the world!
Once you step foot on the pure white silica sand â€“ stretching a whopping seven kilometres and hemmed by aqua blue water on one side and lush bushland on the other â€“ you will instantly know why this is one of the most photographed beach locations in Australia. The view from all angles is simply breathtaking!
Spend at least two hours enjoying the beach itself â€“ relaxing under an umbrella, paddling in the clear water, hunting for shells or joining in some beach games â€“ before enjoying a stroll around Southern Whitehaven Lookout. From here, youâ€™ll be able to spot Pentecost Island off in the distance. The guided walk to Hill Inlet Lookout is equally as awe-inspiring, so definitely donâ€™t forget your camera!
At Dumbell Island, Border Island or another secluded snorkelling spot, you can spend an hour gazing at the underwater wonderland of hard and soft corals, colourful tropical fish and other interesting sea life as you snorkel around this prime location. At the end of the day, youâ€™ll return to the mainland at Coral Sea Resort Jetty at around 4:30 pm. From there, you can grab a transfer back to your accommodation.