Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Derwent Hunter Tallship Sailing
- Included in price:
- Morning tea, smorgasbord lunch, afternoon tea, cheese and biscuits, coffee, tea, tap water, snorkelling equipment, stinger suits, Marine Park fees and National Park fees.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Beer/wine, bottled water/soft drinks/chocolates.
- What to bring:
- Small soft bag with hat, swimmers, sunsceen, beach towel, camera, cash for purchases.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children 4 - 15 years pay child price. Children under 4 are Free of Charge. Kids get to play at being Eco Pirates, and can earn a special Tallship Certificate signed by the Captain together with an eco pirate ship and turtle fun tattoo.
- Departure points:
- Airlie Beach, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:30 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Departs Abell Point Marina South, Shingley Drive at 8.00am daily. If making own way to Abell Point Marina south, please be there by 7.30am, meeting point is next to Barcelona Cafe. Returns 4.30pm Free courtesy Bus to and from Abell Point Marina, please advice pick up point (Airlie Beach/Cannonvale/Jubilee Pocket Accommodation) at time of booking. For pick ups from Nomads/BASE/Beaches/Magnums pick up time will be 7.25 am at BASE Hostel Bus Stop (on the main street). For YHA Airlie Beach pick up time will be at Dominoes Bus stop to the left of YHA 7.20am. Other pick up times: Please advise in booking notes 6.55 Adventure Whitsunday (Bus stop at the front of park) 7.00 Club Croc At reception (also pick up point for Seabreeze Tourist Park) 7.10 Flame Tree Caravan Park (Bus stop outside), Airlie Cove Caravan Park (Bus stop outside) Mango House (Best Western)outside reception Island Gateway Caravan Park (outside park entrance) 7.15 Whitsunday Vista (outside reception) Blue Horizons (outside) Whitsunday Vista Colonial Palms (outside reception) Peppers Coral Coast (cnr mount whit & Hermitage Dr) Boat House Outrigger Resort (outside reception at roundabout) 7.20 Dominoes Bus Stop, Whitsunday Terraces (opposite reception) Martinque (bottom of driveway) Pinnacles (bottom of driveway) Mediteranian (bottom of driveway) Toscana (bottom of driveway) Waters Edge Resort (bottom of driveway) Airlie Beach Appts (bottom of driveway) Azure Sea (bottom of driveway) Reflections (bottom of driveway) Waterview Appartments (bottom of driveway) 7.25 Sunlit Waters/Airlie Appartments (park bench outside) Airlie Motor Lodge (bottom of driveway) Seastar (cnr nara & Orana Street) Mayora/Island view (cnr Nara & Orana Street) Searene Appartments (bottom of driveway) Summit Appartments (bottom of driveway) 7.30 Coral Sea Resort (outside reception) Marina Shores/Penninsular (at roundabout) Shingley Beach (outside reception)
- 7.30am to 4.30pm
- Approximate Return Time:
Sail the Legend - Derwent Hunter, to the Northern bays of the Whitsunday Islands.
After a delicious morning tea, visit the private mooring at the first of our two stops for the day. We visit both pristine Langford Island Reef and Bali Hai where you can snorkel on fringing coral reefs straight from the beach and explore the deserted island beaches of the Whitsundays. Many lucky customers get the once in a lifetime experience of swimming with turtles. During the winter months, whales sightings are quite common. Humpback whales and pilot whales visit the Whitsundays every year from approximately June – September.
Return to the vessel for a hearty buffet lunch, before helping to raise the sails and sail back to shore across the Whitsunday Passage, with a cold beer or wine in hand, from our licensed bar.
We visit two locations on every trip, and our favourites are Langford Island and Bali Hai. Our itinerary is weather dependent, of course, so if conditions permit, we might find ourselves at other locations like Blue Pearl Bay on Hayman Island, or Caves Cove on Hook Island.
Guests will get at least 1 hour at each of the two locations we visit every trip, to enjoy snorkelling and beach time.
We use two tenders to ferry our guests from the ship to the beach. It’s fast and easy, and it means guests get to step into the water from the beach in their own time.
What’s on the menu?
On Derwent Hunter’s fully catered day trip, you will get a delicious buffet lunch, and morning and afternoon tea.
The selection includes cold meats such as chicken and ham, and a variety of gourmet salads.
Morning tea includes sweets like chocolate cake and biscuits.
Afternoon tea is a tasty antipasto plate with dips and tropical fruit.
Soft drinks, bottled water and chocolate bars are available to purchase on board. Beer and wine can be purchased from our on board licensed bar from lunchtime onwards.